I was awarded!! SEE?? AN AWARD!
The lovely Becky from Sew and So nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger/One Lovely Blog award, which totally made my day! Thanks so much Becky! 🙂
Apparently I’m supposed to:
1. Thank the person who nominated you. (CHECK!)
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award/Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post. (DONE!)
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Umm.. okay, seven things about me:
1. I’m addicted to caffeine. Not like when people say ‘oh yeah, I’m totally addicted, I can’t get enough!’ I mean, like I get headaches if I don’t have a cup of coffee in the morning. I’m trying to cut down, HONEST…
2. I call the floor ‘the deck’ and walls ‘the bulkhead’. My dad is a ship’s captain, and that’s what he calls them, so I just picked it up as a kid. I think I was about 9 when I realised that they were nautical terms and no one knew what I was talking about! I also tend to say nautical things like ‘scuppered’ and ‘fang boatswain’ (pronounced bosun). I am weird.
3. I have to rub my feet together when I’m going to sleep. I have no idea why.
4. I used to live in Paris (I taught Parisian teenagers English. I hated teaching, and was terrible at it.)
5. I am a MASSIVE MASSIVE fan of fantasy fiction. I am a total geek. Wheel of Time? Yup. A Song of Ice and Fire? YUP. Anything written by Robin Hobb? YUP YUP.
6. I feel compelled to trace every pattern I sew. I HATE DOING IT, but I can’t stop. It’s like my one good sewing habit, so I continue to do it, even though it means I will put off making a pattern because I can’t face tracing out the pieces!
7. My boyfriend has the same name as me. We are both Alexes, which is a source of constant amusement for our friends!
PHEW. That was harder than I thought!
Now for the really tough part! Plucking up the courage to nominate people! But since I made a resolution to try to scare myself more, I’m going to give this a go, although I’m giving myself some slack, and am only going to nominate 5 people, not 10 (Baby steps….)
1. Ping at When Big Kids Play Dress-up – She looks amazing in everything, from a peter pan collar dress to an Arwen-inspired gown!
2. Winnie at Scruffy Badger Time – Mr Cuckoo tries to pretend to care when I witter on about this or that sewist and what they’ve made but he instantly knows who I’m talking about when I mention Winnie: ‘Oh yeah, the badger lady? She’s awesome!’ (I should probably point out badgers are his favourite animal.)
3. Sonja at Ginger Makes… – You can guarantee that ANYTHING she makes, I want. She is like my style icon. Also, she makes me laugh. Also, y’know…. PICTURES OF PUGS.
4. Erin at Miss Crayola Creepy – I wish I could look HALF as cool as she does in a dress.
5. Sarah at Rhinestones and Telephones – I love her vintage style and I mean let’s face it, she wants to decorate her house like the Burrow. She is amazing.
EEP. Now I have to go and tell them I nominated them. Colour me terrified.